1879-3266 (en línea)
Este recurso está disponible en las siguientes plataformas
The prime focus of Tectonophysics will be high-impact original research and reviews in the fields of kinematics, structure, composition, and dynamics of the solid earth at all scales. Tectonophysics particularly encourages submission of papers based on the integration of a multitude of geophysical, geological, geochemical, geodynamic, and geotectonic methods with focus on:
• Kinematics and deformation of the lithosphere based on space geodesy (e.g. GPS, InSAR), neoteoctonic studies, tectonic geomorphology, and geochronology;
• Structure, composition, and thermal state of the crust and mantle and their evolution in various time scales based ongeophysical and geochemical studies;
• Structural geology, folding, faulting, fracturing, analysis of stress and strain, and rock mechanics;
• Orogenesis, tectonism, thermochronology, surficial processes, land-climate interactions, and Lithospheric-asthenospheric interactions;
• Active tectonics, seismology, mechanisms of earthquakes and volcanism, geological hazards and their societal impacts;
• Rheology and numerical modelling of geodynamic processes;
• Laboratory measurements of physical and chemical parameters of crustal and mantle rocks, and their application to geophysics and petrology;
• Innovative development, including testing, of new methods in geophysics and geodynamics.
Tectonophysics welcomes contributions of three types:
• Regular papers.
• Fast track papers for short, innovative rapid communication, which will usually be reviewed within three weeks after submission. More information about this paper type can be found within the Guide for Authors.
• Comprehensive invited review articles which provide an overview of significant subjects.
Abstracts of maximum 300 words describing the objectives of the research, and the rationale and methods (if relevant), should be included for all article types: regular, fast-track and invited review.
In addition Special Issues devoted to a single topic, and edited by an authority in that field, are also published.