Process Safety and Environmental Protection
1744-3598 (en línea)
Este recurso está disponible en las siguientes plataformas
PSEP aims to be the principal international journal for publication of high quality, original papers in the branches of engineering concerned with the safety of industrial processes and the protection of the environment.
Papers showing how research results can be used in process engineering design, and accounts of experimental or theoretical research work bringing new perspectives to established principles, highlighting unsolved problems or indicating directions for future research, are particularly welcome. Contributions that deal with new developments in safety or environmental aspects of plant or processes and that can be given quantitative expression are encouraged. The journal is especially interested in papers that extend the boundaries of traditional engineering.
Core topic areas:
• Technical Safety and Loss Prevention
• Hazardous Areas
• Fire and Gas detection
• Firewater systems
• Safety critical systems
• Safety Integrity Levels (SIL)
• Layer of Protection (LOPA) and Bowtie Analysis
• Emergency response
• HAZard IDentification (HAZID) (and Inherent Safety) workshop.
• HAZard and OPerability (HAZOP) Study (and SIL) workshop.
• Liquid release
• Gaseous release
• 2-phase release
• heavy gas dispersion
• Computational Fluid Dynamics
• Accident investigation and modelling.
Chemical Safety and Occupational Health
• Chemical toxicity and exposure
• Toxic release and consequence modelling
• Process plant health issues.
Pipelines, Storage and Security
• Security and terrorism
• Pipeline leak detection/measurement and corrosion assessment.
Fire and Explosion
• Fires and combustion
• Explosions (including dust explosions)
• Fire and blast protection and survivability
• Fire fighting
• Runaway reactions
• Consequence modelling
• Oil and gas production safety.
Human Factors in Design and Management
• Process safety /environmental performance measurement including leading and lagging indicators
• Human and organizational factors in safety cases
• Characterisation and quantification of human performance in hazard identification and risk analysis
• Human performance optimisation by design
• SIMOPS (simultaneous operations)
• Situational Awareness
• Communications and risk control systems
• Management systems and processes
• Resilience Engineering, normal accidents, high reliability organisations
• Ageing assets
• Technical Assurance
• Integrity Management
Inherent Safety and Inherently Safer Design
• Design and development of new processes
• Design and development of new equipment
• Methodologies for ranking inherent safety
• Retrofitting inherently safer solutions: upgrading existing plant for improved safety
• Examples of IS Design.
• Waste disposal
• Design for decommissioning
• Passively safe reactor designs
• Nuclear reactor protective system reliability and risk monitoring.
• Chemical thermal stability
• Thermal reaction hazards
• Influence of impurities on reaction hazards
• Development of reactivity hazard index ranking tool
• Runaway reactions (detection and mitigation)
• Compatibility/reactivity of chemicals involved in a chemical process.
Risk and Risk Management
• Major Accident Hazards
• Quantified risk assessment
• Uncertainty in quantified risk assessment
• Risk-based design, ALARP and cost-benefit analysis
• Risk-based decision-making
• Safety cases
• Integrated risk management.
Air pollution prevention and treatment
• Methods and technologies for prevention and treatment of air pollution
• Air dispersion modelling
• Prediction and mitigation of air pollution incidents
• Health impacts from air pollution
Resource and waste management
• Recovery and recycling of materials and products
• Energy from waste and alternative resources
• Waste minimisation
• Waste treatment technologies
• Waste management: systems and processes for energy and material recovery and waste treatment; disposal
• Landfill and waste repository design, operation and management
• Land remediation and recovery
Water pollution prevention and treatment
• Industrial, pure and ultrapure water production
• Municipal and industrial effluent treatment
• Potable water treatment
• Sludge processing, energy recovery and disposal
• Mitigation of water pollution incidents
• Water pollution dispersion modelling
• Health impacts from water pollution